Tuesday 12 May 2020

Stamperia Art Journal


Hello... Today I'm excited to share my new Art Journal with you. 
Instead of my normal Ranger journal I wanted to have a selection of journals so ordered a couple Vicki Bouton journals and this one which is a Maya Road Binder

I must admit I was like a kid in a candy store, with all my Stamperia pads I ordered from Paperzone it was hard to choose which image I wanted to use.
So for this project I used paper from Mechanical Sea World , and found some rice paper with similar colours.

After using black Gesso, placing tisssue and image and sticking down, I added DecoArt Media fluid acrylic paints, Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Burnt Sienna and Raw Sienna, then used my finger to wipe DecoArt Metallic Lustre - Burnished Brass around edges


I then had some cardboard that my paper pads were between for postage which I cut a frame out, painted with black gesso, and gold lustre.

Below pictures are all the added extra bits and bobs.... some cogs I cut out from paper same paper pad and also had some chipboard laying around from years ago when I used to be on Imagine If design team. If you haven't seen their chipboard range pop on over - they have an amazing range.
They matched my project beautifully




I also used to age the project even more, Distress Ink - Vintage Photo and Gelatos - Brown

Finally I finished folder off by adding paint, paper and inks to spine and back.

Hope you enjoyed looking at this project as much as I enjoyed making it.





2 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic Tracy! A stunning project.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have inspired me to try something like this. Your journal is stunning!

    ReplyDelete