Monday 7 December 2020

Faith Pocock Designs - Sleigh and Reindeer

 

Morning, Welcome to my very first post for Faith Pocock Designs. Over the coming months myself and a bunch of amazingly talented NZ ladies will be showcasing all the wonderful MDF projects Faith has designed and will hopefully get your creative minds and hands itching to give these projects a go.

My first project is of course Christmas themed - Sleigh and Reindeer. I have step by step process I follow, but really there is no right or wrong way, just whatever you find the easiest, but my tip to you is.. if there are different elements in your project, separate them out and work on one at a time.

Presents - I first put one together (no glue) to see how the pieces are put together. Once I was happy I then pulled apart and glued each box with Art Glitter Glue WARNING... once this glue sticks, there is no going back! Alternately if you have Aleene's Tacky Glue, or any other glue this would be great also 


I then used Liquitex Mat Gel to glue down some random paper scraps out of my stash


Added a few details... presents done!


Santa Bag - once again, lay out your pieces, do a "dry run" putting it together


Once happy I glued and covered each element in paper


To finish them off I distressed with Vintage Photo distress Ink


Reindeer - these I sponged one a light coat of paint - I didn't want a smooth finish, but in hindsight I would have sponged the antlers a slightly different colour I think
I worked on one reindeer at a time as not to mix any pieces up.


Then went through the same process as every other element. Unfortunately I got so engrossed in making the Sleigh that I forgot to take pictures!!!! Below was the only photo I got!


Here is a closeup of the Sleigh, presents and Santa bag


To be honest I wasn't sure what I was going to do with this project when I had finished it... but its staying on my benchtop and is going to be filled with Lindt chocolates

Until next time ... Happy crafting








2 comments:

  1. Tracy you have done an amazing job. This looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful and your use for it sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete