Sunday 7 February 2021

Faith Pocock Studio - Tudor House

              Today I have a project I want to share using a tutor house from  Faith Pocock Studio. 


As I haven't attempted a house from Faith before I lay out all the pieces on the table


I then glued the main part of the house together


Then the roof


I then started to paint. All the detailed pieces that go on the outside I painted black so they would stand out against a pail house


Next I covered the main body of building with gesso before painting in a 
very light mint paint which needed 3 layers before I was happy.





Onto the roof! Now... I have seen one of my amazing fellow DT members use popsicle sticks cut up for the roof of these houses... me... noooo I'm way to lazy for that! 
Out comes the round circle punch and distress ink!



I selected 4 different shades of plain cardstock and distressed around the edges


I'm thinking it turned out pretty good!


Finished project


But wait there's more!!!.... Faith gave me the idea to use it for all my cards I make..... which is perfect! I am a card maker by nature, I make them but never use them!!! so this house fits them all nice and neat.


I really enjoyed this project knowing that it would have an end purpose.... now... what should I make next ?
Until next time..
Happy crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment